- 1 Dr. Amy Ramos, 2017 Luncheon Speaker
- 2 2017 Award Recipients (see Past Winners)
- 3 Mouhamad Diallo, Poster Presenter and McNair Scholar (2017 Symposium)
- 4 Alex Litvin (2017 Oral Presenter)
- 5 Dr. Bill Graves, Dean of the Graduate College (2017 Symposium)
- 6 Dr. J. Adin Mann, Workshop Presenter (2017 Symposium)
- 7 2017 Planning Committee Members (L-R): Jen Major, Nichelle'Le Carrington, and Liz Carino
- 8 Dr. George Jackson, Former Assistant Dean of the Graduate College and Founder of the GMAP Program
Saturday, October 13, 2018
8:00a - 1:30pm
In the fall of 2006, three graduate students accepted the challenge of planning and carrying out the very first GMAP Research Symposium to highlight the research contributions of underrepresented students receiving GMAP funding. Students were invited to present their research in a relaxed environment allowing them to engage in fruitful discussions and to network with faculty and administrators. The inaugural symposium was held on Saturday, February 10, 2007.
With support from the Graduate College, the GMAP Research Symposium has become an annual event put together by a committee of graduate students receiving GMAP funding. Students are invited to present research in all stages, from planning to publishing. The symposium provides an opportunity to present research in a more “relaxed” environment, engage in fruitful discussion, net-work, and gain presenting experience.